8.8 tech score
My Asolo TPS 520 GV Hiking Boots Review
The least anyone could ask for from their pair of hiking boots would definitely be that they provide a lot of support, be waterproof, and can hold up and last for a long time. If they want to ‘take a hike’, so to speak, of course they would want to do it with a statement, preferably one that says “this will count”. The Asolo TPS 520 GV Hiking Boots for men makes a statement, and then some. Bear in mind that there is also an Asolo TPS for women, but for now, let us focus on the men’s version.
Super Boots with Super Features
If you are a serious backpacker or a trekker who demands a lot from your pair of hiking boots, you might want to check out what you’d get from the Asolo TPS 520 GV hiking boots.
- Maximum durability: Thanks to its thick full-grain leather upper, you are guaranteed to spend countless hikes and many years with the TPS 520 GV. It will hold up in the worst conditions and even against that worst of elements that most definitely would take its toll on everything: time. It will take you on long distances and easily handle heavy loads.
- Cares for your feet: When contemplating buying a pair of hiking boots, one would consider how their feet would feel inside them. In this pair, you wouldn’t have to worry about your feet getting too hot. It is surprisingly breathable, so your feet would still feel fresh. You won’t have to worry about having sore feet, either, thanks to its Triple Power Structure (TPS) midsoles. It is like having three layers of shock absorbers on your feet, all of them strategically positioned to protect the areas of your foot that are the likeliest to get the brunt of any impact while trekking.
- Balance and stability: It’s not really only about the foot. The TPS 520 GV also lends support around the ankle to ensure stability and balance through its high, rigid, padded ankle shaft. It also keeps out debris and tiny stones or rocks getting inside your foot. Any discomfort you’d expect from having an ankle shaft inside your boot is completely negated by Achilles notches on the shaft itself to prevent it from digging into your tendons.
- Solid traction and grip: This pair of super tough boots is equipped with a heavy-duty and rock-solid Vibram sole that provides solid traction and grip on practically any terrain. Their design also reduces shock from any impact while still providing support for your foot.
- Waterproof: The lining is seam-sealed, which effectively keeps water from seeping in, and since it is made with Gore-Tex, your hiking boots are pretty much water-proof and are sure to keep your feet snug and dry.
What they are raving about
One trekker who couldn’t stop raving about his pair of Asolo TPS 520 GV went on and on about how “it served his purposes for a long, long time. In fact, he went so far as to say that it could stand up to even five years of hiking the Grand Canyon, a feat which is truly remarkable. It is THAT durable. While it is typically heavier than what one would typically wear, the comfort level it affords the feet are such that sometimes the wearer would end up forgetting all about the weight.”
Another also remarked on how “its precise fit was reinforced by the snug lacing system. Aside from making sure your feet won’t be slipping forward or backward inside the boot during steep descents and ascents, it also eliminates instances of having blisters or banging your toes.”
What they are not so keen on
The main downside to the TPS 520 GV is its weight. It looks heavy, and it FEELS heavy. Granted, it does take heavy loads with ease, but it would have been better if they are slightly lighter. Some also found it takes a while to break in a pair of this hiking boots. However, once broken in, expect the Asolo TPS 520 GV to take you places.
Expect super comfort from this super pair of boots. Your backpacking and trekking expedition won’t be complete without this pair of beauts.
Weight: 3 lbs 13 oz / 1.73 kg
Lining: Gore-Tex waterproof breathable membrane/nylon
Upper: Full-grain leather